'The strategic value of IR' was our main feature for Informed 83 – where we asked various contributers to highlight the long-term value which IR can add, as well as key priorities for IR professionals in global markets.
Also in this issue is a 24-page report on our 2014 conference, also focused around 'creating value', held on June 17. Don't miss Evan Davis' interview with Thomas Cook CEO, Harriet Green, as well as full session write-ups, polls and photos.
We are delighted to welcome Sue Scholes as our new Society chair following an enjoyable AGM at the end of June, where we also announced other Society board changes.
Regular sections on Society and industry news include proposed changes to the UK Corporate Governance Code, and an event report by Richard Davies of RD:IR highlights the convergence between IR and corporate governance.
Our main feature, 'The strategic value of IR', included the following articles:
• 'The growing relevance of ESG and its significance for IR', by Anja Kharlamova, BNY Mellon.
• 'How to build a lasting relationship with your investors', by Susanne Seibel, Seibel Consulting.
• 'Capitalising on growing global investor interest', by Larisa Kogut-Millings, FTI Consulting.
• 'Seeking the Renaissance man (or woman) in the IR department', by Alexandra Hockenhull, Xchanging.
• 'Making the case for small shareholders', by James Gibbs, Airbus Group.
• 'Creating a coherent message in Asia', by Judy Tan, ARA-CWT Trust Management Ltd
• 'Conference highlights from Canada', by Karen Keyes, Aimia.
If you have any ideas for inclusion in future issues of Informed, please contact John Gollifer.
Published: 22 July, 2014