The main feature in the Winter 2014/15 issue of Informed was the 16-page report, including photos, on the annual IR Society Best Practice Awards, held at the Honorable Artillery Company in November. The prize-winners and sponsors were listed along with photographs from this memorable event.
This issue also featured a 17-page section titled 'Careers in IR', which aimed to provide IROs with a guide to professional development and career opportunities. With articles from the UK and Asia, this feature section included:
• Key developments for the IR profession in 2015, by Gillian Karran-Cumberlege, Fidelio Partners.
• Adding value – how IROs can make a difference, by Fay Dodds, Burberry
• Technology, regulation and IR in a cost-conscious world, by Matt Duffy, Kingfisher
• The changing dynamics of careers in IR – 10 years on, where next?, by Oskar Yasar, Oskar Yasar Partnership
• How IR is growing in Malaysia, by Anthony Chin, Malaysian Investor Relations Association
An Exane BNP Paribas report also described an approach to running roadshows in the US Mid-Atlantic, providing practical tips. And Sue Harding discussed the pioneering work of the Financial Reporting Lab.
If you have any ideas for inclusion in future issues of Informed, please contact John Gollifer.
Published: 17 December, 2014