The IR Society promotes the highest professional standards for its members and the wider IR community.
There are two main elements to our professional development programme:
- the Certificate in IR, an internationally-recognised foundation level IR qualification, and
- a comprehensive programme of training courses covering investor relations techniques, issues and best practice for IR practitioners at any stage in their careers.
The courses are run on a modular basis at three levels, allowing attendees to focus on different aspects of the rapidly developing discipline of investor relations.
• Introduction to financial markets and IR
• Managing corporate stakeholders - understanding investors, analysts and the media
• Effective IR in practice
• IR for personal and executive assistants
Core IR Skills
• Demystifying company accounts and valuations
- Module One: Understanding company accounts
- Module Two: How does the market really value a company
• IR regulation and compliance essentials
• IR regulation update
• Effective investor targeting
• Annual reporting – best practice in practice
• Traditional and new media for IR
• Debt IR – the new frontier
• Beyond the traditional investor – hedge funds and sovereign wealth funds
• Behind the traders’ screens – how securities are traded
• IR for directors and senior executives
• Writing and presentation workshop for IR
• Achieving your potential – how to add value to your IR programme